Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday morning

Here's a picture of the beginnings of the log cabin blocks I'm going to be working on again. The colors are pretty, I think. Log cabin blocks are so nice and easy to me. It's not completely mindless sewing, but they do work up quickly. Right now I have to press some of the material and cut strips. That's kind of a sticking point for me because I don't like to do those things, especially the pressing. Once I get that all done, the squares will come together quickly.

After these are done, I'm going to try and finish up a few tops that are almost done. One is the green shirtings quilt. It just needs the borders put on the top, then it will be put away until I can quilt it. I also have to finish Nick's high school graduation quilt. The top needs a border, then I really do want to get that basted and machine quilted.

Ev cleaned the carpet in the sitting room yesterday really well. Ivy has been doing really good with the housebreaking, and I think we are over the worse time for accidents. Once we are completely sure she is trained, we will look at getting new carpeting.

Nick works tonight here in town. I'm going to pick up a veggie sub on my way home from work and drop it off for him and pick up his laundry. Will do that while he is at work, then he can come by and pick it up before he goes back to Springfield.

No comments: