Friday, August 20, 2010

Looks like it might rain

The sky is getting pretty nasty looking and I'm thinking we might get a storm pretty soon. Then, I would guess, it will get hot and humid. again. ugh!

I had some running to do today after breakfast (Ev and I went to the local diner for that meal - I'm not doing much cooking on vacation!). When we were at breakfast there was a note on a bulletin board about property for sale. So on my way home from my running I talked to them, just out of curiosity, and ended up going to look at some property between the town we live in and the town I work in. Well, the property is nice, and it's isolated, but there are just too many things the house needs done to it. The kitchen is pretty much gutted and needs a lot of tlc. I do like the location, though. It was fun just to go look. Not going anywhere for a while yet. And really, it needed to have more trees for my liking. I want to be out in the woods. This was in the middle of fields, with some trees in the yard. The house sits on almost 3 acres with a few outbuildings. Only one of the outbuildings is in good enough shape to use.

Think I'll go upstairs and sew some rows together. Ev ran to get another pair of motorcycle sunglasses. Ivy seems to have a taste for them...you would think he would have learned to put them up by now!

Nick is playing at a little gathering of bands tomorrow out at the old lake. When I was driving I heard it advertised on the radio and just got the biggest kick out of that!

No comments: