Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Scrap bag

One of the gals I work with gave me a grocery bag full of scraps today. I was just tickled with it, of course. She said it was a bribe for my help...she had cut out a pattern for a 'do rag' and couldn't figure out how it went together. She wants me to try and figure it out. Small price to pay for a bag of scraps. I'm too wiped out tonight to work on it, but I think I can figure it out for her.

This gal is part Native American. She is in the process of sewing 'ribbon shirts' and will be taking them to an event in September hoping to sell them. As she finishes them, she brings them in to show us. Each one is more impressive than the last. I get a real kick out of seeing some of them that are made out of material I gave her. We kind of trade back and forth when we get material - I give her stuff I won't use and she reciprocates.

No comments: