Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Row, row, rows I've stitched...


Here they are, all stacked up nice and neat! I have only three more rows to stitch together and I will be ready to put the rows together! I'm trying to decide if I want to put four patch units around the outside as a border. It would mean making another 112 units, and I'm just not sure I'm up for that! It would also make the quilt extremely large. I'm going to wait until I have the rows all sewn together to decide on the border.

Everett went up to visit his mother yesterday morning and was going to stay until tomorrow. He called and is coming home tonight! I kind of figured he would. He likes to sleep in his own bed. He spent the entire day today with his mom and all night last night. Tonight he is at his brother's, and will leave from there to head home.

Nick took the truck, loaded with his box spring and mattress, and headed to his friend Jay's in Springfield. He is going to be staying with Jay during the week while he is at school. It was kind of sad to see him pull away. Each step he takes is one more away from home, but I know he's always going to be ours.

Johanna came up and we had our lunch. She had some things to fax to school so we got those out of the way. We also went to the thrift store and picked up a couple things. She got a cute little tee shirt. I got a set of trivia cards for sports for Ev to look at. He likes that kind of thing and they were only fifty cents. Here's a pic of her at the restaurant. When we got home we played some Gin. That's our favorite card game to play.

I got a call from my great uncle to come over and get a few tomatoes, so of course I went right over! When I got home, somehow the dog had locked me out of the front! She must have jumped up just right and hit the lever for the deadbolt so it caught enough not to allow the door to open. Little stinker! Maybe she is mad because I didn't take her to the lake again today?

I'm taking a break from sewing for a bit and putting that chicken soup together. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but since Ev is on his way home, I want it done if he comes home hungry. I sure do love that guy.

No comments: