Friday, August 6, 2010

Garage Sale Bliss

I really really should not go to garage sales... Tonight Donna and I ran to the gas station and across the road was a garage sale. We both happen to know the gal and that she is a quilter, so of course we had to go to it. And of course we both came home with fabric. I would say a total of 5 grocery bags full is what we bought, but each of us only wanted about one bag full. Donna also bought a bobbin winder (for four bucks!) and I bought a bag with 24 dresden plate pieces all ready to be appliqued (for a quarter!). I'm not keeping the dp's or the other bags of fabric we purged, instead I'm giving them to a coworker. I already emailed her that I'll be bringing it on Monday to work, so she will have something to look forward to. Oh and lest you think why would we buy then give away? Because all the fabric was bought for five dollars! Since we split the difference, it was $2.50 for a bag full for me. Not bad, not bad at all...

Nick cleaned his basement room today. We then put several glue traps down for mice. I'm hoping we will catch any and all that are down there. I really really can't abide mice. eek.

Today I actually got to sew for three hours! I went upstairs and spent an hour at a time at the machine. I even took the machine apart and attempted to change the belt. That didn't happen because I couldn't figure out how to get all the parts off, but from what I could tell, the belt was in good condition, reinforcing my thought that the problem is strictly a clutch issue. Sigh. I am going to have to accepts, at some point, that after 30 plus years of devoted service, that machine may have to be retired. But I will send it off for repairs before I give it up completely. It is definetely still useable and I'm still sewing up a storm on it.

I also cut a good part of the grass today in the morning. I cut the alley, behind the garage, the ditch, and everything else outside of the fence. Then I did about a fourth of the yard inside the fence, before I pooped out. Everett convinced me to stop for the day, insisting he would finish it tomorrow when he is off work. I'm thinking if I get a wild hair tomorrow morning I might just finish it before he gets up.

Well, I'm going to take my second shower of the day now and get ready for bed. I just feel yucky and since my stomach has been acting up, I think maybe a shower will make me feel better. Oh, and I'm letting the cat in... Think I could convince Ev to get another cat? Doubtful, but worth a try! A big feral beastie that would terrorize any rodent within a hundred mile radius...

No comments: