Sunday, August 22, 2010

Last day of my vacation


Tomorrow it's back to work. I just saw the lottery is up to 115 million. Maybe I can win that and take a permanent vacation...haha.

Here's a picture of Nick (in the green shirt playing the flying v guitar). Yesterday there was a music fest out at the old lake where a bunch of local bands got together and just played for fun. Well, Nick had fun and played good, but I do have a biased opinion... He spent last night at home and has to work at 3 this afternoon. Then after work he is heading up to Springfield for school tomorrow. He does have to work Tuesday night so I guess I will see him for a few minutes that night.

Johanna just called. She worked until 2 today and was planning on coming up this afternoon, but went home to find her basement flooded. Ben's parents are coming down to help clear it up. Hope they get it fixed. I'm sure they will.

Ev just left to go on a bike ride. He's going to grill some chicken breasts tonight. I have them marinating with spices and lime juice. I made some burrito's for Nick to take with him. Inside I put potato, black beans, corn, spicy tomatoes, cheese, and a little tomato sauce. I used flour tortillas and folded them up then sprayed Pam on them and toasted them in the cast iron skillet on both sides. Put them in baggies so he has something to eat besides frozen mac and cheese.

With the mystery quilt top done, I'm trying to decide what to start on next. A while ago on a different vacation I started a log cabin top in pinks and creams. I think I may go back to that. I'm also thinking of starting another string quilt, but not sure what color I want to use as the center strip. I have one string quilt made with a maroon strip, so even though Ev would like one similar to it, I just don't have the urge to make it in the same color. I just finished working with all those blues, so I'm not too keen on starting something with blue. We have the green nine patch quilt on our bed now, in addition to having the green carpet throughout the entire first floor, so green, while a nice color and one of my favorites, is just not a color I want to work with right now. I have a pretty lavender material but it's too feminine for Ev's taste, I'm sure.

No comments: