Monday, August 30, 2010

Tired of flat tires

It seems my son gets a lot of flat tires. Why is this? Does he run over things more than the rest of us? Is he just unlucky? At any rate, he was VERY lucky when he got this flat tire today. He was on the interstate, on his way to school, going a high rate of speed I'm sure. Thank GOD it was a rear tire and he was able to steer to safety. We are truly blessed with guardian angels.

So after calling roadside assistance and having them change the tire (yes, Nick could have changed it, but we pay a very small fee for roadside assistance and we use it whenever necessary), Nick went to his afternoon class. When done, he came home and switched cars then went back to Springfield in my car. I will take his to the shop tomorrow and have a new tire put on, plus have his oil changed, which I'm sure is over due.

Nick seems to be settling in to school okay. I'm really hoping that he has grown up over the past year and will do well. Johanna and I talked briefly tonight and she said she had a boring day at school, so that means she wasn't stressed. I'll take that anyday from her.

Tomorrow Mom and Pop are coming down. They are on vacation and are going to Springfield to visit the Lincoln Library. Then coming here and taking me to Lotawata Creek for dinner. Yumyumyum!

I made Ev sausage and eggs for supper. I really didn't feel like cooking tonight. I had a frozen mini cheeseburger and a couple of lettuce wraps.

Went upstairs before work and worked on that third do rag. It's almost finished, but I just don't feel like going upstairs tonight. Maybe tomorrow morning I will finish it before I go to work. Or maybe not. I usually take the guys at the repair shop donuts, so I may have to leave a little early. sigh.

No comments: