Friday, August 20, 2010

Taking a short break

Nick got home a bit ago and we were talking for a while. Ev wanted him to go with on a bike ride, so the two of them left and I have the house to myself for a few minutes. I was sewing for an hour straight, so I took a few minutes off to put laundry in the wash. Now I'm sitting on the couch and I'm not really sure if I will be able to get up or not. There seems to be an 80 pound labrador on my feet! Wrigley has been quite the lover doggy these last few days. When Ev went to see his mom, Wrigs was right next to me all the time. Ivy has been sticking really close, too. I guess they figure I need their attention since Daddy wasn't home! It's not too bad when Ivy wants to lay on my feet, because she doesn't weigh as much as Wrigley (yet), but I'm wondering how long it will take to get the feeling back in my toes once Wrigs gets up... haha.

I have sewn six more rows of squares together. Pushing to finish this top today or tomorrow for sure. I need to feel like I accomplished something during this stay at home vacation.

I'm so tired of not having any money. That's an old song, I'm sure we all sing it. But it's just driving me batty. Like tonight, we are going out to dinner. Now I know that isn't a priority, but this is the one thing we have been able to do on vacation - eat out. I feel some guilt because I should be paying bills with that money instead of spending it on dinner. There is some truth to the fact that I would have spent it on groceries, at least. Anyway, I just wish we didn't have to live like this. I feel like we rob Peter to pay Paul all the time and it just catches up with me sometimes. I know it will all work out - it always does, but it just gets SO OLD. Okay, I'm done crabbing for now. Can you tell I paid bills today? haha.

No comments: