Monday, August 13, 2012

A quilting we will go, a quilting we will go...

I was so thrilled to be doing some quilting on my machine tonight, I just got lost in it!  I meant to just go downstairs and load the batting on the frame and baste the top.  Once I got down there I just got sucked in and now have two turns of the quilt done.  I am just doing a simple wide meander over it, just to get it to hold together. 

Made tacos tonight and plan to use leftover meat to make chili tomorrow.  That should give me a good amount of time to myself and hopefully get more quilting done.  I LOVE IT!

Not sure what I'm going to charge my friend at work for this quilt.  It's really not much of a quilt, just two pieces of material sandwiched together.  It is huge, though, over 9'x11'.  I know I will charge her what I paid for the batting at least, and for the backing material, which she didn't provide.  I seamed the front and back's together, so there was some of my time.  I'm not worrying about it.  Just going to get it done and see where it takes me.

No comments: