Thursday, August 23, 2012

Success!

In more ways than one!  Today I finally completed all of the binding and labeling of the Quilt's Beyond Borders.  Now I just need to box them up and send them on their merry way.  It's time for this quilter to start on my own projects for a while.

And, to top it off, I canned another eleven pints of salsa today.  The tomatoes that I peeled and cored were more than enough for the batch of salsa, but rather than make more right now, I froze four quart bags of tomatoes and two quart bags of jalapeno peppers.

Tomorrow I have the yellow tomatoes to deal with.  I intend to make tomato jelly with them.  Also going to pick up a bushel of green peppers at the produce place.  Will be freezing them.

Donna came by today and borrowed one of my sewing machines.  Her's is having issues.  I suggested she take it to the repair person in Springfield that spruced up my Featherweight.  After I gave her his number, she called and is going to take it up there next week.  I hope he can fix it for her.  It's not a very old machine.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

Wow - you're amazing! That is all so productive ... ripe tomatoes seem a long way off for us (we don't bother planting them until November...)