Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to work

Back to work today after a week's vacation.  Ugh.  I am thankful to have a job.  Many don't.

I ended up freezing that bushel of peppers I purchased at the produce place.  The majority of them I just washed off and froze whole.  I did cut up four bags worth and froze them.

Yesterday I made one block for the Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt from a mystery of Bonnie Hunter's a long time ago.  It's one of those intense patterns with a lot of little pieces.  I haven't worked on it that much and really should get back on it and finish it already.

I also set up a table downstairs by Gemma and put one of my older sewing machines on it.  I sometimes need to sew a quick seam and it's easier to have a machine downstairs by the longarm than to have to run all the way to the second floor from the basement.  The machine I set up was an older Singer that I picked up at an auction several years ago.  It needed some TLC, which I gave it by cleaning and oiling and putting in a new needle.  Works like a charm now!

Today is Nick's first day at his new job.  From the little bit I have heard from him today, it sounds like it's going well.  I hope it continues to go well.

No comments: