Friday, August 24, 2012

Tomato jelly

That's what I made today, and lots of it!  I canned tomato jelly in half pints and even the smaller jars that are 4 ounces.  12 - 4 ounce jars and 16 pint jars.  I used the yellow tomatoes for this recipe. 

Went out to the produce place today.  This is their last regular week of business because they own a farm and need to be bringing in the harvest now.  I bought a canteloup, a watermelon, and a bushel of peppers!  I just seem to be attracted to purchasing things in bushels these days!  haha.  Going to freeze them.  They taste pretty good in spaghetti sauce, stir fry, stuffed peppers, and fried with onions for sausages.  My dad just freezes them whole, without taking the seeds out of them or anything.  I might try that with some of them, the ones I want to use for stuffed peppers, anyway.

Ev and I went to the movies this afternoon to see "Hope Springs".  Definitely a chick flick, but a good one.  I like Tommy Lee Jones as an actor.

Nick got a full time office job!  He will start Monday working at a local business.  I'm really excited and happy for him.

Going to put some shrimp on the grill again tonight.  Just love the way they turn out.

No comments: