Thursday, August 30, 2012

Time flies

Last night I actually pulled Nick's high school graduation quilt top out of the drawer, fully intending to put it on the frame to quilt.  It's a signature quilt, and I got a little side tracked reading the comments from everyone.  Good thing I did, because I realized that neither myself or Everett had signed his quilt! 

I signed it and left it out for Ev to sign today before work.  I'm considering putting another border on it to make it a little larger, then on the frame it goes!  I didn't put his name in the border or the year he graduated, like I did with Johanna's.  In the interest of getting it FINISHED, I doubt I'll put his name and year in the border tonight.  I just want to get it done already.

Last night I made two more of the RRCB blocks.  That is going to be slow going, let me tell you.  I guess it's like the old question "how do you eat an elephant? - one bite at a time!"

Boxed up the QBB to mail back to the organization.  Brought them in to work and had a mini quilt show before putting them in the box.  Everyone liked looking at them.  I was going to put pictures of them up on the blog, but I think what I will do is link to the QBB website when they are pictured there.  Tomorrow I will take the box to the Post Office.

Planning to go to the Chinese restaurant for supper tonight.  Kids like it and I don't feel like cooking!

I ordered a neat little tool called the Perfect Piecing Seam Guide.  It has a little hole for you to put your needle down into.  Once the needle is in place, you can butt something up against the edge to give you a very accurate guide for a scant quarter inch seam.  Bonnie Hunter talked about it on quiltcam the other day.  She used some removable mounting tape for the guide.  This tool will be invaluable because it means I can sew at different machines on the same project and the seam allowance will be identical!

No comments: