Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Change of plans

Just found out Nick is not playing at open mike night because the tavern is shut down for three days for serving a minor.  So, it's going to be a good night to sew, sew, sew!  I have the fixin's for BLT sandwiches, so dinner will be quick and easy.

According to FedEx tracking information, the pool coping strips should arrive today.  I'm anxious to see if I can find something to put inside a sleeve made on the leaders that will work.  Instead of wooden dowels, I'm leaning toward some sort of tubing, possibly PEX tubing if it's not too expensive and I can find it in the right diameter.  I'd like to have the piece in the leader be one long piece rather than in sections, and in order for that to happen it will need to be flexible.  I also think that something with  flexibility will help with loading the quilt.

I'm thinking it's about time to finish the top for Nick's high school graduation quilt.  He graduated in 2009.  What do you think?  Has it aged enough?  lol.

No comments: