Friday, August 10, 2012

Going to see new baby

One of the gals I made a baby blanket for this year had her baby this week.  A little girl, 7 lbs, 11 oz.  I'm going to see her tonight.  Kind of excited to see a little bitty baby.  Haven't been around a newborn in a while. 

Both of my 'babies' are over 21 now.  They are working tonight and I'm pretty sure tomorrow.  Ev is supposed to work tomorrow also.  Maybe I'll get some sewing done...  I've said that before, I know...  :)

I picked up the ingredients to make 'hummus'.  If you aren't familiar with it, it is a Mediteranean dish made from chick peas (garbanzo beans) and tahini.  Well, try and find tahini in a rural midwestern town, will ya'?  I did finally find it at Wal Mart, but only after asking 4 sales clerks about it.  None of them knew what it was until the last one.  I'm hoping my hummus tastes as good as that I've had from the stores.  I also got some pita chips to go with it.

No comments: