Saturday, August 18, 2012

Salsa!

I've been busy today.  Started this morning about 9 a.m. and I'm just now sitting down after 5.  I made 11 pints of tomato salsa and 7 pints of peach salsa.  The tomato salsa has already been sampled by both kids and they gave it a thumbs up.  I'm hoping the peach salsa gets the same reaction.  I plan to use it as a condiment on chicken or pork.

Put some stuffed peppers in the oven for dinner tonight.  They should be done soon.  The peppers are from a local farmer.  I got them along with a bushel of tomatoes yesterday.  Also picked up some jalapeno peppers.  Used them in both the salsa's.  Tomorrow I would like to make more salsa, only not as hot.  Johanna is not a fan of hot stuff, so this batch will be more for her. 

Going to take a little nap, I think, then may go do some sewing.  Ev is working tonight then we are both on vacation for a week.  I have scheduled a day to spend at the longarm studio for a class.  Excited about that!

No comments: