Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It did the monster mash


Can you see now why I'm calling this quilt 'the monster'?  This sucker takes up almost every available inch of room on my frame!  I have the machine pushed as far to the left as it will go and there's barely room for me to change the bobbin!  I'm starting to be concerned that the take up roller will get too full and I won't be able to move the machine to quilt it all!  I could not put all the batting on at one time, either.  I'm going to have to splice another piece of batting onto what is already on there, but tonight I just did a few turns on it then called it quits.  I'm close to having it 2/3rd's quilted.  I only know this because the second seam on the top is coming up soon on the roller.

I will say the machine is behaving like a dream for me.  I am using the stitch regulator and just whipping right through it.  I actually think that Gemma likes to be ran fast!  Tension issues have been minimal with this quilt, for which I am extremely thankful.

As you can see from the pics, I have yet to decorate the room.  My hubby wants me to hang some things on the walls.  I will.  Eventually. 

The chili in the crock pot turned out pretty good.  I came home and made some spaghetti noodles and had a chili four way.  Spaghetti, chili, cheese, and beans (the beans were already in the chili in this case). 

No comments: