Monday, May 23, 2011

After work road trip

I ended up taking the Kenmore to the shop in Highland tonight.  The guy offered to check it out for me right then if I wanted to go shopping or something for a while, but I was just too tired and wanted to come home.  He ended up calling me later and telling me it was done.  He replaced a belt that was very worn, so that tells me the other shop didn't even do anything other than clean and oil it, and that was something I had done on my own.  I'll be picking the machine up Saturday.

In the meantime I have the Bernina set up to use for piecing and may actually give her a workout for a while.  I didn't do any sewing tonight, but I did spend 40 minutes upstairs cleaning and oiling the older Kenmore.  I really got into the machine and oiled it everywhere imaginable.  What a difference that makes!  It just purrs now.  They sure don't make them like that anymore.

Made that turkey dish for Ev and made him another Canadian bacon and fried egg sandwich for tomorrow.  I was going to put together some spaghetti sauce and fry those sausage, but didn't get to it.  He will have plenty to eat tomorrow, with leftovers from tonight and that sandwich.  There is also a container of hamburger helper in the fridge he can eat.  See, there is one of the reasons I have such a hard time losing weight.  I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying that I try to make high caloric dishes for my hubby who I would desperately like to see gain some weight.  Then I try not to eat any of them!  sigh.

We had a storm this afternoon around one.  Ivy had been outside since Ev left for work, so when it started to cloud up I called Nick and he came home and let her inside, then stayed for a while until the storm passed.  Ivy didn't destroy anything between the time he left and the time I came home.  Maybe she is getting better.  She doesn't get spooked by thunderstorms, I know that.  Last night when it was storming she was snoring!

No comments: