Friday, May 27, 2011

Saying goodbye to an old friend

Today I'm saying goodbye to an old friend.  I'm taking the 1937 Industrial Singer to the repair shop for the last time.  I'm giving it to the guy who runs the shop to use for parts if he wants it.  Nick put it in the car last night for me and I'm heading right to the shop after work. 

Nick may be going with me to the repair shop so we can go over to Edwardsville and get him a pair of slacks, shirt, and a tie to wear at the upcoming weddings he is attending.  Then we may pick up Johanna and go get some dinner.  All kind of up in the air, but whatever happens I'm sure we will have a good time.

Ivy got out of the yard last night.  Nick stopped home for a few minutes after lessons and he took the garbage to the street for me.  Well, he left the back gate open and when Ivy went out to go potty, she discovered her door to freedom!  I went to let her back in and when she didn't come I noticed the gate was open.  When I looked out, she was over in the field across the street chasing a rabbit or two!  She was certainly giving chase to something and having a grand old time.  She didn't come when I called, so I went into the house to get jeans on (I was in night clothes).  By the time I got back outside and to the gate, she was standing there waiting to come in!  She's not a bad doggy.  Maybe Ev and I will take her to the lake again this weekend.

I am so looking forward to having three days off!  We are going to work on the pool, and hopefully get it up and running this weekend.  It's not going to be easy, but I am confident we can do it.  Just going to have to do it one step at a time.  We put it up in the beginning and between Ev and I, I'm sure we can figure out how to do it again.  The kids are going to help, too.

No comments: