Thursday, May 5, 2011

One day closer to the weekend

Sure am glad tomorrow is Friday.  Having a few days off last week has made this week seem really long to me.  And to top it off, it's raining again.  I'm about sick of rain.  Thankfully we don't live where all the flooding is occurring in the state.  Last week we were in Golconda and Elizabethtown down along the Ohio river.  We also visited Metropolis, IL.  The news yesterday said that they had put up the flood walls in Golconda and had evacuated Elizabethtown.  Metropolis was shown on the t.v. and there was more water there than there had been last week.  Sure am glad the quilt show was last week!

I was really tired when I got home tonight from work and wanted to take a short nap.  I took the garbage out to the street before I sat down because once I took my shoes off that was going to be it.  Well, we hadn't gotten the garbage out last week because we forgot and there was a lot to take out from the garage.  It took me twenty minutes to get it all out!  Anyway, when I came back in to try and lay down Ivy decided she wanted me to throw the squeaky toy for her.  She kept putting it on my back then laying her head on top of mine!  It was hopeless...I had to throw the squeaky toy.

I have to reinstall the software for my camera so I can upload some pictures.  I've got the disc, just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I have a flash drive that I'm going to put copies of the pictures on, I think, just in case something happens again.  And I think I might put my quilt patterns on one, also!

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I can just picture Ivy doing that! Our pets keep us moving, don't they?!

LaDonna