Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lake doggy

I think Ivy might have been trying to drink the lake in this picture!  She was having a great time.  Ev and I took her out to the Old Lake this afternoon and let her get in the water.  We would throw a ball in the water for her to fetch and also just let her swim around.  We walked back to the dam with her, then took her over by the boat ramp to get in the water.  She is a natural swimmer and loves the water.  When she gets in the water, she takes a running leap at it!  She was going in at the boat ramp, but I'm betting if she were jumping off a dock she would get some good air before hitting the water.

I pin basted the runner for the cedar chest this morning.  It's all ready to be quilted.  I will probably do a medium size loopy loop all over it.  Just something simple, to build my confidence in my machine quilting skills.  I have a baby quilt top that I want to quilt next, and then if I'm feeling daring, I am going to try and quilt a bigger quilt.  I think one of the tops I made out of recycled shirts would be good for this venture.  Somewhere on this blog, many moons ago, there is a picture of a quilt made out of red shirtings and 16 patch blocks and also one made out of green shirtings and 16 patch blocks.  One of those may be the guinea pigs... haha.

Sometimes I think my brain is going fuzzy.  I have been mooning around, kinda disgusted about the old Kenmore not working properly (I really love that machine, can you tell?  It was my first new machine and it was from my grandparents.).  Well, one of the reasons I was all mopey was because I had wanted to have two machines set up at the same time.  I wanted one set up for piecing and one set up for quilting.  I had completely forgotten I have that Bernette tucked away under my quilting station by the window!  Now, it's not one of my favorite machines, but it will do the job (I hope) so I'm going to set it up and give it a workout!  And if it doesn't work or I don't like it, at least I have Gram's machine to fall back on.  I've got it set up to do the quilting now.

Looks like we are going to get some more storms tonight.  The wind has really picked up and the radar is showing us in line for some pretty good storms.  I don't like when we get them at night, and of course that's when they are coming through.  sigh.

No comments: