Monday, May 16, 2011

Mondays really wear me out, but that's an old song.

I'm sure no one wants to hear about how lousy Mondays are.  Day went fairly quickly at work at least.  Came home for lunch today instead of going out with Barb like I usually do.  I really need to get back on my diet.  But when I got home tonight I backslid and ate cheese and crackers and a piece of cold pizza.  At least dinner was healthy.  I made chicken on the broiler, steamed green beans, and boiled new potatoes.  Oh, and fresh melon for dessert.

I've had a lousy nosebleed most of the night.  Just when I think it's done, it starts up again.  And now I'm getting the lousy after headache.  ugh.

Nick came to work today at quitting time.  He needed some groceries and asked if I would take him to Aldi.  You know, that kid is something else.  He asks to go to Aldi.  Not Wal Mart or IGA, but Aldi.  I'm proud of him for making a conscious effort to save money.  Especially since it was my money!  haha.

Didn't do any sewing tonight.  I was afraid I would bleed all over whatever I was working on!  Yuck!  I'm thinking that tomorrow I should go to the Salvation Army store on my lunch hour.  Whatever color tag is on special this week, you get five for a dollar on Tuesdays.  It's a great day to get men's cotton shirts for quilts.  I really need to take inventory of what colors I have and what I'm needing in the way of shirts.  Maybe my next quilt will be from repurposed shirts.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

What's up with the nosebleed? Are you ok?

Love Goodwill! Happy hunting!

LaDonna