Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday morning

Well, Ev has to go in to work early today, his birthday, and work a 12 hour shift.  I'm going to go home at lunch and let Ivy out for a bit, just to give her a break.  I don't really want to leave her out for hours on end when no one is home.

I think I have an addiction to McDonald's oatmeal.  I can't stand any of their other food, but I just love their oatmeal in the morning!  At least it's something that's good for me.  My diet is not going well at all.  And tonight Diane and I are going shopping after work and will probably stop somewhere and eat.  sigh.  When I go home at lunch I think I'll just have a salad or something really low cal.

Really have to get that baby quilt done this weekend.  With the demise of the old Singer, I'll have to do the quilting on the old Kenmore, I guess.  I'll just do some simple lines, either stitch in the ditch or wavy lines.

I saw pictures on one of the chat groups I follow where this gal had made the cutest potholders.  She just did some strip piecing, but I think that she did a 'quilt as you go' technique on them that would make them work up really quickly.  Going to have to do some of that to make a few potholders for gifts.  I have a lot of insulbrite left from my last trip to Arthur.  I have to use a heavier needle when I sew through it, but other than that, it's not difficult to work with.

No comments: