Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Urgh!

Well, I'm disgusted.  I went home to eat lunch today only to find my husband, darling man that he is, freaking out about the pool liner.  It looks like it's going to be too short on the one side.  This is going to mean draining what little water we have in the pool already and redistributing the liner.  It's backtracking and no one likes to do that.  And to top it all off, we can't get to it until the weekend because it's a two person job.  So, I'm disgusted with the situation.  Going to just have to grin and bear it, I guess.

I broke down and made an appointment with the doc for next Monday (okay LaDonna?  lol).  I have to get my scheduled bloodwork done anyway, so I'll kill two birds with one stone.  I still don't think these nosebleeds are serious, but I want the doc to tell me that.

Tonight I am going to take my elderly great uncle out to dinner, if his schedule permits...  haha.  He's such a busy man.  I know he had an errand to run today that was about a 20 mile drive.  Then his band, yes, his band, might have practice tonight, so he may not be able to squeeze me in!  haha.  He's the accordian player in a Tamburitza band, playing Croation music.  I can't even begin to tell you how many years he has been in the band, but it's been a few decades, that's for sure.  My great grandfather, his dad, played accordian also. 

Music runs thick in my bloodline, and it's really blossoming with my son and his guitar now.  I'm so proud of him (I'm proud of my daughter, also, but today it's brag-on-Nick-day!).  Nick is fully immersing himself in music.  He's teaching guitar lessons, operating a d.j. service, and most importantly, going to school for a degree in music composition.  I hold no illusions that he will ever become rich from this field (although it is a remote possibility), but I feel certain that Nick will always be happy in his work.  Music really is in his soul and when he plays it shows.  I can't take all the credit, in fact ALL of the credit really goes to God for giving Nick this special gift.  I must also say that Ev's uncle is very musically talented.  We don't really have much contact with his uncle, just due to distance and whatever, but he made a living teaching music.  So the stars aligned when Nick was born and hopefully he will continue to progress and have a good life doing what he wants to do!

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I know it's so frustrating about the pool but you know the saying, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!

How wonderful that your great uncle is in a band! Keeps him young, I bet! And, good for Nick in doing something that makes him happy!

Glad you're seeing the doctor. My sister says I'm good at telling people what to do! ;)

LaDonna