Saturday, May 21, 2011

Relocated

I changed the orientation and the location of the wall hanging.  See how the wall slants down?  That is underneath our steps to the second level and that is where I had the wall hanging before, hanging on point by loops on the back.  I really did not like the way it was hanging, so I took it down, with the intention of putting two sleeves on it, one on top and one on bottom, on the back, to hang it straight.  I was going to hang it on the slanted part of the wall again, with four cup hooks.  But as I was taking the hooks out from the wall, I happened to look up and saw that beautiful blank space of wall just waiting for something to be put there!  I ended up just putting one sleeve on the wall hanging at the top and put a dowel rod through it and called it good!  I like that it complements the crucifix hanging on the wall next to it.  I have not named this wall hanging but it will probably have a religious tone, because the more I look at it, especially next to the crucifix, the more it looks like a cross in cloth.  It just hasn't told me it's name yet.

I moved that one sewing table out from the corner of my sewing room and fitted the older Kenmore that I had been using into it.  This will make free motion quilting so much easier because the machine base will be flush with the table.  It's not a perfect fit, but it's close enough for now.  When I come across some packing styrofoam or insulating styrofoam I will cut a couple pieces to fill in the inch or so to the back and side that have gaps.  The only thing about this table is that it sits about 4" higher than my tables.  I don't know why it is so high.  In fact, I had to pull out a different chair to use at it because my other sewing chair was too low!  I had an old office chair that was adjustable, so I just adjusted the height for that table.

Once I had it all set, I put my old Kenmore on the other table that I had been using in front of the window.  I was really excited at the prospect of having both machines set up to use at any given time.  I had not really used my old machine since I had it in the shop back in October.  Gram's machine was running fine and I wanted to get it broke in.  Well, the shop that I took it to did not fix the machine properly.  It's worse than it was when I took it in.  The problem is, I had it fixed 8 months ago and I doubt they would refund my money.  And I really do not want them to work on it again.  So I will chalk that up to experience, eat the $29 they charged, and take the machine down to the guy that I really didn't want to take it to because he's kind of a jerk.  But at least he knows how to fix machines.  Sigh.

Went to Wal Mart today to pick up a few items.  While I was there, I happened to pass by the bargain bin of dvd movies.  Impulse buying kicked in when I saw "Where the Red Fern Grows".  I have never seen the movie, but have read and reread the book and absolutely love it.  I hope the movie is as good as the book.  Going to order a pizza and watch it tonight.

Had to stop at Rural King and get Ivy another squeaky ball.  The one I bought to replace the old one must have been defective, because the squeak got knocked loose the first few times she used it.  I brought it home and two squeaks later the replacement died!  I took all three balls back to the store and explained how the oldest ball had lasted a loooonnnnngggg time, and that the two replacements did not and that I would like to exchange them.  They were very nice about it and I came home with two new and one old squeaky ball.  Let's hope these don't de-squeak any time soon.

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I like the wall hanging and you're right, it goes well with the crucifix. Machine quilting with a flush surface is sooo much easier! I know you'll enjoy it better! My poor dogs (Scottish Terriers) can't have any toys. My lab had the same toys her entire life until these two came along. They kill every toy within minutes! Even the so-called indestructible toys! And believe me, we've tried everything!
They can only have those nylabones to chew on.

Hope you enjoy your movie!

LaDonna