Friday, May 27, 2011

Old Singer is gone

Nick and I took a ride to the repair shop this evening.  We took the old Singer machine down there so the repairman would be able to use it for parts.  He wasn't going to knock anything off the price of the repairs, that I could tell, until I showed him 8 brand new packages of industrial needles and five bobbins for industrial machines.  Then he knocked 30 bucks off the repair price of 55!  And for the record I think 55 was high.  Let's hope the machine works correctly now and doesn't need any more repairs for another 30 years.

Nick and I went to Kohl's and got him some nice clothes to wear for his friend's wedding and that he can wear when he does his d.j. business.  Also got him a good pair of shoes, so he is set for a while now.

After Kohl's, we picked up Johanna and the three of us went to Lotawata Creek for dinner.  It was very very good, as usual.  Had a ton of leftovers, of course.  Ev will be digging in to them later, I'm sure!

Didn't get to do any sewing tonight, but will start bright and early tomorrow if I can!

No comments: