Thursday, May 26, 2011

Surprise...or not?

Would anyone be surprised if I told them we woke up to rain this morning?  Again?  It's been cold and rainy here all day.  Again.

As predicted, I did not do any more sewing last night on the cover for the cedar chest.  Tonight I fully intend to finish it, wash it, and put it on the chest.  I do have a little bit of concern that the beast (aka Ivy) might decide it's a snack.  She was pretty good yesterday with the exception of destroying a throw pillow while I was in St. Louis.  She can be excused because she did it while we were having storms and the sirens were going off and she was all alone.  At least I'm telling myself she can be excused, and really, as long as Ev and I are okay with it, that's all that matters.  Right???  sigh.

Now, I know I really don't need to be starting another mystery, because I'm knee deep in Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  However..... there is a mystery I would like to follow along with on Saturday on one of my groups.  It looks like it will be a nice, easy, pattern.  It uses four bright colors and one dark.  I have chosen the materials for it.  To begin with, I will make the baby size or the lap size quilt.  I am going to make sure that I have enough material to make more blocks if I want to turn it into a larger quilt.

No comments: