Thursday, September 6, 2012

A moment of terror

Sometimes things happen that are so scary, even if just for a moment, you almost lose your mind.  Tonight the house phone rang, and as usual I did not answer it.  Since we all have cell phones, it's almost always a sales call when the house phone rings.  Well, a couple minutes later it rang again, so I thought it might be important and I answered it.  Much to my surprise it was a county police officer asking if this was Nicholas' residence.  Yes, it is.  Well, they found his motorcycle on the side of the road.  Okay, now all you mother's out there know the panic that flooded me at this point.  What do you mean, you found his motorcycle?  It's sitting on the side of the road, the officer tells me.  Apparently not having taken any classes in "don't scare people to death with the way you word things" this officer failed to mention at the beginning that the bike was on it's kickstand, apparently abandoned.  I had to drag this info out of him and also that it had not been in a wreck.  He was just calling because it was sitting there and he wanted it picked up so it wouldn't get stolen.

Long story short, Nick was riding it to go teach lessons in the next town over when the bike conked out on him.  He got a ride home to pick up his car but didn't have time to take care of the bike until he was finished with lessons.  He was teaching when the cop called.  When he got home he went and picked up the bike and all is well.  Thank God.

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Whoa! I'm glad he is okay. I do hope the powers that be decide to train their officers in tact so no one else will be frightened the way you were!

Diana and LaDonna said...

Wow, what a roller coaster of emotion just in reading this! I'm so thankful he's ok!

LaDonna