Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Just a few updates

On the 3, 2, 1 post regarding replacement of the downstairs facilities - change it to 3, 2, 2 and done!  Woohoo!  Now I don't have to run upstairs every time I am working on the longarm and have to go to the bathroom.  The toilet still sits in an open area against a wall, but hey, I can hang a curtain!

The perfect piecing seam guide arrived a couple days ago.  I have not put it to use yet, but did play with it to see how it will work.  I'm pleased.

The magnets I bought from Harbor Freight probably are not going to do me much good as there isn't enough metal on the bed of most of my machines.  Still haven't checked on two of them.  Oh, wait, the Featherweight probably has a metal bed!  Hooray!

I have the Featherweight back from the shop.  Would you believe I haven't sewn on it yet, though?  sigh.

Tonight is the season opener of one of my favorite shows.  Now, please do not judge me, but I really like the show 'Sons of Anarchy'!  It's a bad boy biker show and totally out of character for me, but it's got me roped into the story line!  In fact, that's where the name for my longarm came from - Gemma is the matriarch of the show.  I know, I know, I'm strange...  haha.

Still haven't done any more on the borders for Nick's graduation quilt. 

I've been quilting hearts on Tennessee August, not a meandering stipple.  If I could just get that tension right on it, I would be super happy, but I'm settling for 'done is better than perfect' on this one!

No comments: