Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It was a good thing I was sitting down...

So a couple days ago I told my hubby that I was going to go to Arthur on Saturday even if my friend couldn't go.  Everett hates to shop and particularly hates to shop in fabric stores.  When I mentioned Arthur to him again yesterday he said to me "I'm not going, you know that?" and I of course told him I didn't expect him to go, so yes, I knew that I would be going alone.  Even if Mary goes, I would be driving alone because she and I come from different directions and meet there.

Today, before he had to leave for work, Ev calls me and says "If you promise that we can be home by 8 p.m., I will go to Arthur with you."  The first words out of my mouth were "Why would you want to do that?"  I mean, seriously, he would have absolutely no fun at all and would make me miserable because I would know he was sitting in the car waiting for me to get done shopping.  And that takes all the fun out of it!  He is just concerned about me driving by myself (Hello?  I have been driving for the exact same number of years you have, darling...) I guess. 

It was a sweet thing for him to offer, and I love him dearly for it, however I gently told him that was not necessary.  And as far as being home by 8?  The stores all close around 4, so that would not have been a problem!  Now, getting his butt out of bed at 7 a.m. when I planned to leave might have been a different story!

If it's raining I may take him up on his offer, but more likely than not if it's bad weather I will postpone the trip.

Maybe he's worried that I won't let him visit the Harley Museum when we go to Milwaukee...  haha!

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I haven't been to Arthur since I was a kid. I remember how many people had yardage or clothes on their clotheslines in the most gorgeous fuchsia color that I had never before seen or imagined. Then there was also a gorgeous teal.

Your comment that you've been driving as long as Ev reminded me of something my mom used to say. "What's good for the goose is good for the gander!"