Sunday, September 23, 2012

Closer to the finish

Spent about an hour today working on the borders for Nick's quilt.  I have them pieced together, now I need to press them and add them to the body of the quilt.  Then it will be ready for the frame, yay!

Oh, I am so anxious about work.  I'm trying not to be, especially because it's Sunday and the last thing I should be doing is thinking about work and because there isn't anything I can do to about it.  My best friend at work has been permanently laid off and all of the other employees in her agency will be removed from the office in a week.  Our agency will either stay in the office and have more people come in from different agencies or we will have to find a different space to rent. 

Wow.  Putting it in print and reading it sure helps.  I just read what I typed and even though it isn't good news, it sure isn't as bad as it could be.  There are things that I'm not going to like, such as my friend being gone, but it's not the end of the world and i do still have a job, which is a heap of a lot better than a lot of people have it.

Enough whining.  I'm going to pick up pizza for dinner!  Maybe after I eat tonight I will go do more sewing, but if I don't, I do feel that I accomplished something today.

No comments: