Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dinner should be done

Dinner should be almost done when I get home.  All I have to do is make some egg noodles to go with the crock pot meal I have cooking.  It was a slow cooker recipe that was emailed to me from Campbell's.  There are pork chops, apples, onions, and golden mushroom soup in it, among other things, and Ev says it's smelling pretty good right now! 

Before I left for work this morning I went downstairs to throw a load of clothes in the washer.  The pull of the longarm drew me over to the machine where I pulled off the piece of material covering my work just to look at the quilt I'm working on.  There's just one more pass left and it will be all quilted - bumps, gurgles, and all other manner of errors that were encountered on this one.  Going to bind it and wash it, then see what I can do to it to make it look better.  Would be nice if after getting washed it just hid all the boo boo's...  Doubtful, but a girl can hope...

I've taken to throwing a piece of yardage over whatever I'm working on on Gemma.  That way, I can leave the kitchen door open and get a bit of a breeze from the back porch.  The back porch has the steps leading down to the basement and if the kitchen door is open the little cat has access to the basement, and in turn, to Gemma.  She has jumped up on the quilt on the frame before and I do not want that at all, but I also need to have some air movement in the kitchen.  She has only jumped on it when I was downstairs at the frame, so I'm hoping she just leaves it alone all other times.  I'm still keeping it covered.  And if it's a customer's work, she won't be allowed down there at all.

I'd like to get this quilt done soon so I can put another one on the frame.

No comments: