Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Inch by inch

Talk about procrastinating...  Here are the letters and numbers for the border of my son's high school graduation quilt.  Yes, the year he graduated was 2009.  I don't want to hear it!  haha.


Now, these letters haven't even been pressed yet, so they are pretty wonky, but they are going to be wonky in nature anyway.  Some letters are bigger than others and not very proportional to the rest.  I'm okay with that.  I will put them in the outer border and make them fit!

I have a lot of scraps that I think I will just cut into strips to make sort of a piano key border.  Or maybe just squares.  If I had enough of any one fabric I would do a solid piece of fabric just to get this sucker done!

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Goodness, Tammy. I do know the feeling. It took me two or three years to finish my daughter's music quilt.
We've been collecting dots and strips for at least two years for her next quilt.
And I still haven't made the panda quilt we bought fabric for a couple of years before she had the idea for the music quilt!
Good think she's the only child I have left at home! Hmmmmm. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it so I can keep her home until she's finished with college!