Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ready for the frame

Last night I found a good piece of material to use for the back of Nick's quilt.  It needed to be seamed down the middle, which I did yesterday.  Then today I squared it up and added about six inches on both the top and bottom of the backing piece because it was only a few inches larger than the top and I needed some wiggle room.

Took the top and back downstairs and laid it over the frame.  It was hard to walk away instead of going ahead and loading it, but I am tired and really just wanted to go to bed.  If I could just load the back and stop, I might have done that, but I know myself and once I started I would have had to finish loading the back, top, and batting!  Will be nice to have those measuring tapes on my leaders when I load it.  I think I'll get a lot of use out of them.

The kids and I went to the Chinese restaurant for dinner tonight.  Was pretty good.  I got the same thing I always get.  It's funny because I say to myself that I'm going to order something different, then when I get there, I look at the menu, and my favorite dish always wins!  sigh.

No comments: