Saturday, September 8, 2012

My little town

Nostalgia time!  Hahaha.  I live in a small town where I know quite a few people.  Just to give you an idea of my Saturday and how neat I thought it was, here's how the day has progressed.

Got up and had breakfast at a local cafe on Main Street with a friend of mine.  While we were in this cafe, whose owner we both know and whose husband works with mine, several more people we know came in.  One teacher and four people who attend my church were among the group.

After breakfast, I went down the block a short distance to the local drug store where my sister is the Pharmacy Tech.  Next door to the drugstore is a little park and the girl scouts were having a bake sale, whooping and hollering trying to get people to stop and buy goodies.

Before coming home, I picked up some farm fresh eggs from the gal who sold produce outside of town.  She was coming into town to visit her mom so I stopped at her mom's to get my eggs.  Now, I couldn't tell you the address of her mom's house, but I knew that it was the last house before the tracks at the crossing just north of the pond.  Got it?  haha.  Makes sense to me...

Ev had to go to work at 11 a.m. (poor guy working 12 hours today), so I came home and got his lunch all packed and saw him out the door.  Then I ran out to the Dollar General store and saw a group of people there who were taking a Route 66 tour.  DG is right next to one of the 66 landmarks so a lot of people stop in their parking lot then walk over to the landmark.  While in DG I saw a couple of people I know (last night my next door neighbor was in there buying ice cream because the underpass was flooded between here and the next town over where there is a Dairy Queen and he didn't want to go the long way around!).

Later on I decided to get dinner from a new little restaurant on the outskirts of town.  On the way down Main Street I saw my friend who I had breakfast with driving and said hi to her, and also waved to another friend's daughter who was walking with her baby.  Before I got out of town I saw a fellow I used to live right across the street from when I was growing up.

The new little restaurant is owned by a gal who used to live in my house.  There were a couple people eating in there, including one of the parents of a girl my daughter went to school with.  Helping out the owner was a gal who works with my brother's girlfriend and whose husband also works with mine.

I do like living in a small town.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

And that is why we adults love to live in small towns and why our kids can't wait to leave. I've only lived in my small town for ten years, but when I move on, I hope to live in another small town.