Sunday, September 2, 2012

Yucky

I tasted my tomato jelly today.  It was yucky.  I'm disappointed, but not upset really.  It doesn't taste like it did in my childhood.  Oh well, I tried.

Loaded Tennessee August onto Gemma today.  Started quilting it, just in the borders.  Trying to decide what to do in the center portion.  I'm thinking just a simple meander.  My brain is frozen for other ideas right now.  I just walked away from it after an hour.  Maybe something will pop into my head.

Making a meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner.  I was going to make a big pot of soup today to have through the week, but when I got out the meat from the freezer it was freezer burned.  Sigh.  When in doubt, throw it out...  So, tomorrow I will go over to the grocery store and pick up some meat for soup.  I'd like to go early and get it cooking so it can cook slow all day.

No comments: