Saturday, September 8, 2012

Garage sale finds

Yesterday I stopped at a garage sale on my way home from work.  Usually I don't find much at garage sales, but this time I got lucky.  Take a look...



There were 11 of the basket blocks and 12 of the wreath blocks, which are 18" embroideried blocks.  There were also 12 of the little heart blocks which are 6".  The bigger blocks were yellowed and smelled of smoke, so I soaked them in an oxy type solution.  That's why they are wrinkled, because I didn't want to put them in the dryer or iron them.  I don't want to set any stains that might not have come out with the heat.  The stains and the smell came out really well.


I'm thinking that I can use these to make three quilts.  One would have the basket blocks alternating with a solid, one would have the wreath blocks alternating with a solid, and a smaller lap quilt with the heart blocks alternating with a solid block.  That would be two full size and one lap size quilts.

Any guesses how much these blocks cost?  Total for all of them was $4!  Yup, just $4!  I got a deal.

No comments: