Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas bags and ornament


Here are the kids' bags. I changed them up a bit this year. They are still a half yard of material each. Instead of sewing a tie about 4" down at the seam, this time I made a casing at the top and left it open at each side seam. I fed a piece of ribbon through the casing and then sewed the ends of the ribbon together to make them drawstring bags.

I have a small collection of Christmas fabrics in my stash. I think I might purchase some more at the end of the season when it goes on sale. If it goes on sale. It's just Wal Mart fabric. I usually just use it for bags so it doesn't need to be quilt shop quality.

Here's an ornament that I received in the mail today from a pen pal friend of mine in Maine. I think it's really pretty and she did a nice job on it. It's hanging on our tree now, near the top, so Ivy dog can't eat it. Like she did another hairbrush today....why does that dog like to eat hairbrushes? Can someone explain to me why they taste good to her? sigh.


I've got the Bear's game on t.v. They are playing at Minnesota's college field because of the collapse of the Metrodome roof last week. It's cold and freezing rain. Now, that's what I call REAL football... yeah! Go Bears!

I spent an hour in the sewing room tonight making the bags and doing a couple other little things. I have that mystery I'm working on printed out. The last clue I printed calls for 600 half square triangles. Bonnie likes to use the Easy Angle ruler, but I don't really care for it. It doesn't give me the accuracy I want. So I have printed out on paper some half square triangles. One sheet has 12 units on it, so I will just need 50 sheets. Just 50. sigh. And I have to finish two clues before I even get to this part! Good thing I have next week off! haha. I'm really looking forward to it, too.

No comments: