Saturday, December 18, 2010

Village part three

Here's the part of my lighted village that is over the piano. See the church in the middle right above the bridge? That was my very first piece. My grandmother gave it to me. When I was little she always had a lighted church under her tree and it was one of my favorite things about Christmas. That and chocolate stars at her house!

I ironed both of the tree skirts and pin basted one of them. I was going to pin baste the other but the material I had washed for the backing had shrunk considerably and I didn't have enough. At any rate, it was the white and green material I got in Arthur this Summer. I bought an entire bolt, if you remember, and I am not concerned if I need another chunk of it. I am thinking that I might make the backing out of something else for the second tree skirt now. Just tossing it around.

I ended up putting the lights on the tree today. I usually don't do that because i break out from the pine needles, but I just took breaks and washed my hands a LOT. There aren't a lot of ornaments on the tree right now. With Ivy, the tree may only get decorated on the top half!

No comments: