Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Consignment shop visit

While in Shelbyville today I had the opportunity to visit a consignment shop for a brief visit. I picked up a house and tree for my village (yes, the one I have yet to put up for the season...I'm gettin' there!). I almost bought a porcelain doll, but after carrying her around the shop for a while, I changed my mind. As much as I would like to collect something like that, it's just not practical. At least it isn't practical right now with destructo dog... I almost bought a few quilting books that were, shall we say, well aged. In the end, all I bought were the house and tree. I figured I could get the books at the library if I really really needed them.

There were several quilts for sale in the shop. They were mostly priced quite high. At least $140 seems high to me for a well used utility quilt! Again, maybe I'm just cheap.

No comments: