Saturday, December 18, 2010

Our tree

Here's our humble Christmas tree. It's tiny compared to years past. It's way under decorated, and lacks garland, but it's really quite pretty in person. Since I'm making tree skirts this year, I think I had better make one for our tree pretty soon! I have some orphan log cabin blocks, but only have half the amount I would need. They are made with tiny strips and would take a while to make more, so I have three choices: 1. Use what I have and alternate with plain squares, 2. Make more log cabin squares, or 3. Use other orphan blocks. Number 3 isn't much of an option because I don't have that many more orphans in any sort of quantity.

The guys hounded me into making cheesecake the third tonight. It's cooling in the fridge and will get it's topping of cherries tomorrow. My diet is doomed...sigh.

I finished pin basting the other tree skirt. I ended up just using muslin on the back of it. I didn't seem to have anything that matched it to use on the back that I liked. Now tomorrow I need to get busy and quilt those suckers!

We went to Tilley's again for supper tonight. Sure hope that place makes a go of it. Those guys that run it are nice and they know us when we come in. The bartender brings Ev his beer before we even sit down and always asks if I want iced tea tonight. When it's time to order dinner, he knows how Ev likes his steak, even!

No comments: