Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sweet Clementine!

I love clementines! When they are in season I buy case after case of them. These actually came in a bag, but in years past they would always come in these wooden crates. And being the packrat that I am, I would save those crates, thinking I would use them for something. Last year, after seeing them stacked in a corner of the porch forever, I finally conceded that I was not going to use them, and threw them out! I need to get that attitude with all the junk I have piled in my basement, now!

See that white bowl the clementines are in? I picked that up at the thrift store a long time ago, intending to give it to my mother. It reminds me strongly of the crockery we had at my great grandmother's house when I was growing up. Mom would have connected with it also. But once I got it home, I fell in love with it and didn't want to part with it! I have kept my eyes open for one like it and if I find one, I'll definitely give it to Mom. maybe... :)

Woke up to snow this morning. It's so pretty and peaceful. After church and breakfast I think we will be going to Wal Mart, but after we get home from all that, I'm going to be sewing. I love to sew when I can watch the snow out the window.

Ivy was a funny dog last night. Ev let her out the back door with Wrigley to do her business. When it was time to come in, Wrigs ran in first then here comes Ivy with a big log in her mouth! Ev said it was about 2 feet long and a few inches round. Well, naturally when she got to the door he took it from her and threw it back into the yard. You can guess what happened...Ivy ran back outside and fetched the log! Ev threw it back again and of course she fetched again! Finally he wised up and held her collar when he threw it back the third time!

A couple days ago I was in one of those 'everything's a dollar' stores and happened to come across some good size rawhide bones. I picked up two of them, thinking I would save them for the dogs for Christmas, and if you have read my past posts you know I ended up giving them to them. Well, we went into that store again yesterday and got two more. This time Ev gave them to the dogs early! What was funny is that Wrigs dropped hers for a minute and left it unattended on the carpet. Ivy had hers in her mouth and saw an opportunity to double her money. She went over to Wrigley's bone, with her own bone in her mouth, and tried to pick it up. She couldn't get her mouth around both of them, no matter how hard she tried! It was funny to watch. She finally gave up when Wrigs came back into the room.

No comments: