Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gift stress

Christmas should not be stressful. That said, buying gifts is stressful for me right now because of limited finances. I saw my sister (who still lives at home) today and asked her not to buy us gifts. She said "too late", which has been her comment in years past when I have asked the same thing of her. This now obligates me to buy her a gift. Which in turn obligates me to buy my other sister a gift. And my two brothers and sister in law. This really aggravates me a lot.

I just don't think she understands how things are for us. I know she would tell me not to buy anything for her, but I can't do that. And I know she enjoys gift buying and giving. It's just frustrating and adds stress I don't need.

I haven't even started shopping. Payday is next week. sigh.

Now I have to remember how good it feels to sew and motivate myself to get up into the sewing room so I can feel good and get lost in sewing.

No comments: