Friday, December 31, 2010

Last post of the year

This is my last post for 2010. Nothing spectacular to write about. Been an average year. Maybe a little more difficult than others in the financial department, but there have been worse years. Not been particularly easy in the family department. We lost Gram M. There were ups and downs, as usual. I hope the coming year is a good one, and I wish the same for everyone else. God bless.

We didn't do much tonight. We did go see Little Fockers. It was pretty good. After the movie we went to dinner at Toni's. Tilley's is closing and tonight is their last night. Ev had the salmon and I had fried chicken.

I made a third set of sheets for the waterbed today. The bottom and top sheet are not identical. I had a really pretty flat sheet with a top edge that had eyelet lace along it. I wanted to put this together with something similar so I could use it. I found something that would work and used it as the bottom sheet. I used a third old sheet that had been cut into pieces to make the corner pockets. My brain wasn't functioning very well because I cut four large squares instead of triangles. This didn't turn out to be a bad thing, because I just folded the squares into triangles, sewed them to the corners, and topstitched the folded edge. It will just be doubled at the pockets, but since it's an old sheet, that extra material should give it the extra strength it might need. As soon as they were done, I stripped the bed and put them on. I think I'm becoming a clean sheet junkie....haha.

No comments: