Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve morning

And what a gloomy morning it is! It's windy and rainy and overcast. I haven't seen the weather forecast, but I would guess we are going to get some storms. Our New Year's Eve plans don't involve too much traveling. We will probably just go to Litchfield and see a movie. I want to see "Little Fockers" and it is playing up there. We may end up going out for supper, too.

I don't know if it was the wind, or if there was something or someone out in the alley last night, but Ivy sure got to acting strange about quarter to four in the morning. She was laying in the bed next to me and she sat up and growled, while looking out toward the front room. Then she let out this low bark. She kept growling and barking that way, and pretty soon got up out of bed and went in to the front room where Wrigley was on the chair. Then they both wanted to go outside, so I let them out. Well, Ivy immediately ran to the back of the yard and started barking towards the alley. She kept it up, running from the back door to the alley for several minutes, and barking whenever she was back there. It kind of spooked me. Now, I live in a pretty small town, and our little police force is probably not very busy at that hour of the morning, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask them to make a pass or two down the alley. I did, and they did, and nothing came of it, so either Ivy was barking at the wind, or who/whatever left. I have not been out back yet this morning to see if there is anything amiss.

No comments: