Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Half and then some done

I've made 30 string blocks and have started on 10 more. When I say I made them, I mean I have them sewn, not trimmed or pressed. Probably have time to do that tomorrow morning when Nick is sleeping up there.

Nick and his buddy moved the couch out of the sewing room and put his box spring and mattress in it's place. The basement is just too cold for him right now. Here are the cats after I took the cushions off the couch but before it was moved to the garage.



And here is Cheetah enjoying a moment alone on the bed once it was set up!



When the guys were done moving things, my friend Lori happened to drop by. We were all sitting at the kitchen table, so I pulled out the game 'Sequence' and we all played a few games. It was a lot of fun and I really really enjoyed it. Then Nick and his buddy went to eat dinner (that was the deal if they moved stuff for me! Small price to pay.) When Nick got back and I got done sewing for the night, he and I played a game of chess. I am not good at that game, but know the bare bones of how to move the pieces and that's about it. I think I will have to study up on the subject so I can give Nick a run for his money at it, instead of being an easy target! haha.

I made a pot of chili for Ev for dinner. I didn't eat any, since we had a big lunch at the Chinese restaurant. I had brought home leftovers and just finished them off. Don't know what we will have tomorrow night, but I have two Cornish hens in the freezer I'm thinking of making New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.

No comments: