Thursday, December 9, 2010

Popcorn-a-mania

I like popcorn. That's no secret. I've gotten to where I can even eat it without butter on it if I have to, to save on fat calories. I found a way to pop popcorn in the microwave without having to buy the high priced individual packs or have any special equipment. I was blog surfing and came upon www.joscountryjunction.com and she had instructions on how to do it. You take a plain paper lunch sack, put a third of a cup of popcorn in it, fold the top down twice and tape it, then put in microwave for three minutes. No oil is necessary and it just pops up as nice as you please. Tastes better than the air popped stuff, too. So of course I had to try something new tonight and I put some ranch seasoning in the bag with it. Not a good idea. It scorched and burned and now the house stinks. Yuck. Ev's not going to be happy, but hopefully I'm sound asleep when he gets home! haha.

So I'm thinking that beginning in January I'm going to take a picture every day. I may or may not post what I take on the blog, but it just seems like a neat idea. I've got to get used to using my camera that I've had for a year now. Just thinking about it right now.

Johanna made clam chowder in the crock pot today for dinner. It was very good. Nick even ate a bowl, which made me really happy. He has been on this vegetarian kick, and wouldn't even eat fish or seafood. Clam chowder was always one of his favorites and I hated to see him deny himself it. Maybe he will start eating a little better now, instead of all high fat dishes with low nutritional value (his idea of vegetarian consisted of a lot of cheese pizza).

Sure am glad tomorrow is Friday. I started clearing off the piano and tables to set up the houses. If I can get a good jump on that tomorrow then they will be up before the weekend is over. We are planning to get our tree Saturday.

Wrigley has become quite the smart dog. I have been giving her Benadryl to help her with her itchies. So smartie pooch now has figured out that I'm putting the pills in cheese and she spits them out. It's like she sucks all the cheese off the pill! Agh. So I ended up giving them to her shoved in a piece of hot dog, but it won't take her too long to figure that out I'm betting. I did give her some cheese without pills and she didn't trust me! Kept spitting it out and re-examining it! Too smart for her own good!

No comments: