Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rain ran go away....just for a little while!

Woke up to raindrops on the window this morning. I was really hoping for a sunny and mild morning so we could go get our tree. Well, it's just 8 a.m. so maybe it will clear up long enough to go get it a little later.

I started putting up my houses. Got everything all cleared off the piano and side tables and had the kids bring in the big table from the garage. I unboxed all the houses and have some of the cloth on the the "ground" but I'm not anywhere near done. The layout of the village isn't complete yet.

Both kids are home and both are asleep upstairs this morning, so I won't be going up there to sew anytime soon. That's okay because I think Johanna has to work this afternoon and I'll have the whole afternoon and evening up there if I want it. I'll just work on the village until they get moving!

When we get the tree, Ev will be in charge of putting on the lights because I break out from the needles. I would like to switch over to new L.E.D. lights on the tree, but they are pretty pricey right now. I'm hoping to get several strands of them after Christmas when they go on sale. I don't think I'm going to get much decorating done on the outside of the house this year. Last year, the only lights we had up were the ones I put on the fence. If we have any outside decorations at all this year, that will be it again.

No comments: