Saturday, July 21, 2012

6 done

I needed to lose myself in quilting tonight, so after I got home from work and made supper - just some bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches - I went downstairs and quilted the sixth QBB top. 
I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  It just has a simple meander quilting design.  The thing I need to concentrate more on with that kind of quilting is going at a steady pace so the stitches are all the same size.  I'm still doing all the tops in unregulated mode.  And I will admit it has been a challenge!

So now I have the seventh top and backing laying over the rails of the frame, just waiting for me to go downstairs tomorrow morning and work on them.  I'm assuming I will get plenty of time to do that, as Ev is working until 3 a.m. tonight.

Today was actually the first comfortable day in a long time.  We had 23 straight days of temps at 90 or above, with many of them being over 100.  It's not supposed to last, as tomorrow's forecast is for 98 and then back into triple digits for five days.  And no rain in sight.  It really plays on a person's disposition.

No comments: