Sunday, July 8, 2012

Onward and upward

Well, maybe not upward...  I'm on to the fourth QBB top.  This one looks very sophisticated to me.  It has coffee cups and designs in it.  The piecer did a nice job on it and I want to do it justice.  Here it is before I put it on the frame:
Isn't it pretty?  I'm a little apprehensive to start quilting on it, because I don't want to ruin it!  I have it loaded and ready to go.  Wish me luck...

I decided that the varigated thread I was using was the culprit of most of the tension issues I had on the second QBB top.  The last one I did, the third QBB, I didn't have any tension issues, which was really really sweet.  Hey, maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this longarm quilting!  hee hee hee.  And I still love, love, love it! 

Yesterday I was finishing up on that top and getting ready to load this one.  Well, I just happened to glance at the clock and it was 11 minutes after 6.  I was supposed to be at my nephew's birthday party at 6.  Oops.  I just shut everything down and walked out the door.   Austin turns 16 this week.  Going to be a big dude, driving and everything now.  woohoo! 

I guess my point of the last paragraph was that I just seem to get lost in my quilting room, just like I do in my sewing room.  What an absolutely wonderful escape.  There have been times, and long time blog readers certainly know this, that I have gone weeks, even months, without sewing.  They were times when I had a lot of issues on my mind and it was hard for me to let go of them long enough to think of anything else.  Those are the times when I should have forced myself to sew.  I feel that if I just would have started sewing, I would have been able to escape from everything and come out feeling better.  Does that make sense?  I'm going to make a conscience effort to do that next time things get rough.

Today we may finally have a day where it does NOT get into triple digit temperatures.  The past ten days have been unbearably hot.  I think we topped out at one point at 108.  Even the pool water is very warm.  I was thinking it might even be warm enough to poach an egg in last night when I felt it!  haha.  yuck.  Anyway, my swimsuit is in the dryer as I type this and I plan to spend some time in the water today.  It probably won't be until later in the evening, though.

Ev and I are going to have lunch at a place about half an hour away that has gyro's.  Ev loves gyro's and you can't get a good one anywhere close to us.  Not sure if I'll get one or not.

No comments: